Nearby Towns - Parking in Bath
If you are driving to Bath from the Cotswolds, there are two easy options for parking:
Bath Park and Ride: The Lansdown Park and Ride lot on the northern edge of town, by the racetrack, offers parking with frequent buses into the center.
Charlotte Street Car Park: If you use the entrance off Marlborough Lane, you avoid going through Bath. See below for directions.
Directions to Charlotte Street Car Park
The Charlotte Street Car Park is in central Bath, near the Royal Crescent and The Circus. Using these directions you can park there without driving on Bath's busy central streets. It is a very quick in and out for Bath.
- From the Cotswolds, take the A46 south to Bath.
- At the A46/A420 roundabout (north of Bath), the main road goes straight for Bath, but you turn RIGHT following signs for the Racecourse and Park & Ride.
- Then turn LEFT onto Freezinghill Lane, again following signs for the Racecourse and Park & Ride.
- Near the top of the hill, you meet Bath Road. Turn LEFT going uphill. (NOTE: When going back, this is an easy turn to miss.)
- Now you are heading towards Bath via Landsdown. You pass the Lansdown Park & Ride. (You may want to park here. Parking is free but you pay for the bus into Bath.)
- To park in the center of Bath, keep straight on Lansdown Road. You start going downhill into Bath.
- Turn RIGHT on Sion Road. This is a small road, so look carefully for it.
- Sion Road turns one way in a few blocks, so you have to do a right, left, left, to go around the one way bit (this is signed).
- At the end of the one way part, turn RIGHT on Cavendish Road. You are continuing downhill.
- At Weston Road you come to a stop sign. This is the only tricky bit. You have to go across a somewhat busy road.
- Keep straight. The Royal Crescent is on your left. Take the first LEFT after Royal Avenue. This small lane is a back entrance to the Charlotte St parking lot. The main entrance is off Queen Square, but you have to drive several of Bath's busy roads to get there.
You end up at the back of the parking lot, near the toilets and a pay station. On busy days, this part of the car park always has spaces. Reverse the directions to drive home.
View Easy Parking in Bath, England in a larger map