Comments or Questions? Comments or questions? Post on our Slow Europe Travel Forums.

Translations (UK - US)

  • hob = stovetop
  • holiday = vacation
  • holiday cottage = vacation rental
  • lettings = rentals
  • self catering = vacation rental
  • mobile = cell phone

Accommodations in the Cotswolds

There is a great variety of accommodations in the Cotswolds. We like to stay in vacation rentals - holiday cottages in towns or on farms in the countryside. Hotel accommodation runs from small B&Bs to luxury country hotels.

Vacation Rentals

In North America we call them "vacation rentals" but in England they are "holiday cottages" or "self catering" - fully furnished and equipped houses, cottages, row houses, apartments that you rent by the night or week. Read more on the Slow Europe forums.

Vacation rental agencies for the United Kingdom are listed on the Slow Europe forums. We also have reviews of vacation rentals.

Hotels, B&Bs, Guest Houses, Country Hotels

Find Hotels and B&Bs in the Cotswolds: Your budget and travel style dictates the type of hotel/B&B you are looking for. We have linked to for various areas in the Cotswolds and provided other resources for finding hotels.

Prices are usually per room, per night and include all taxes, but always read the fine print in case the price per person, per night. Check to see if breakfast is included and if it isn't, check the price per person (it can be shockingly high).

Staying Near the Airport

Find Hotels and B&Bs near the London Airports: When you arrive in England, especially if you arrive from North America and are jetlagged, you may want to spend your first couple of nights somewhere near the airport so you do not have to do a long drive on arrival.

Most flights going back to North America leave in the morning, so you may want to spend your last night near the airport. There are lots of airport hotels to choose from, but you can also find something more interesting in towns near the airport. This photo is hotel 10 minutes from Gatwick in a 400 year old manor house (Langshott Manor).

Back to Top